Thunder River Campground, 1558 Splashdam Rd., Haysi, VA 24256, 276-701-9876
Welcome to Thunder River Campground! Our policies make everyone’s camping experience a great one while maintaining a safe, fun, family camping atmosphere!
- Check out by 12:00 noon. Check in between the hours of 1:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Later arrival by prior arrangement only. There is no refund for early departure. There is a 2-night minimum stay.
- There is a 3-night minimum stay for Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Haysi’s Autumn Fest weekends.
- Full hook up sites are to be used for one RV, Motor Home, Camper or tent. Primitive sites are for one tent only.
- Speed limit throughout the campground is 5 mph. Please watch for pedestrians (especially children), bicyclists, ATVs and motorcycles. Please observe the one-way signs that are posted. No recreational riding of ATVs or motorcycles within the campground.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Noise should be kept to a minimum during this time. Please respect your neighbors.
- Pets must be on a short leash and must be cleaned up after at all times. No more than two pets allowed per site. Only registered campers are allowed pets. Please do not allow your pet to go potty on the river bank/beach area without cleaning after them. This area is frequently used by other campers, especially children.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, but not in open display (i.e. plastic cups or Koozie required). Disorderly conduct or public intoxication will be grounds for removal from the campground.
- Two vehicles and/or ATVs are allowed per site. Please do not park in vacant RV sites. Use roadways to travel to and from your campsite. If space is needed for extra vehicles, overflow parking is available.
- Washing vehicles/RVs/ATVs/UTVs/Motorcycles/Bikes or mechanical repairs to them, including changing the oil, is prohibited on site.
- It is against state law to dump grey water or sewage on the ground. It is to be disposed of in the grey water sink beside the privies.
- An airtight hose connection is required for sewer hook-up of RVs.
- To assure that no detrimental chemicals enter our septic system you will be required to dump into our dump station prior to connecting to it. Chemicals to reduce smells coming from RV holding tanks can be of influence on the delicate bacteriologic balance in our septic system. Use products that are enzyme or citrus based and biodegradable only. Do not use products that contain formaldehyde. Do not put ethylene glycol based or other automotive antifreeze, sanitary napkins or household toilet cleaners in the holding tanks.
- Generators of any kind are prohibited.
- There are 2 phone charging stations in the primitive area and are to be used for that purpose only. These are not to be used for any other electrical devices.
- Campfires are permitted, but only in established fire rings. It is not permitted to move fire rings. Never leave a fire unattended. Children under the age of 18 cannot have a fire unless an adult is present. Do not burn trash, plastic or anything other than wood in the fire rings.
- Please use the trash receptacles at each RV site and throughout the campground. You are responsible for keeping your site neat and clear of trash. Please do not leave trash on the river bank/beach area. Please empty your trash receptacle and remove bagged trash from your site to the dumpster by the campground entrance on check out. Cigarette butts (and other tobacco products) are considered trash and must be disposed of in trash receptacles.
- Be aware that access to, and activities associated with the Russell Fork River are at your own risk. TRC provides no supervision or lifeguard for the river and assumes no responsibility for accidents or injury. Children must be supervised by an adult.